I've sent four demos to a museum that is putting together a local guide to
nature trails.  They want a section on identification of common animals and
plants, and they want to use photographs.  They are going to buy the
photos, presumably from stock agencies, and wish me to modify the photos
with captions and identifying marks, and also in many instances select out
the animal or plant from the photo.  No big deal, other than the selecting
of long-legged insects and some plants.

But I have a problem with the way they want to handle the photo purchases.
They don't want to indicate the photos will be modified (by me) before
being inserted into the book.  This seems unethical to me, and possibly
even illegal.  Besides not seeing the photos they select before I begin
work, I don't want to wind up in the middle of a lawsuit.

Advice welcome, and thanks in advance,
BAB

--
Bruce Bartrug