Thanks much.  The consensus is that any contract I sign should clearly stipulate that the museum is responsible for vetting and insuring copyright permissions to modify the photos they submit to me.  It's a issue I will bring up very early in any discussions leading to said contract.  It would good to also get copies of purchase agreements, and we'll see if they will agree to that as well.  That and getting the photos to before the end of year if there is, indeed, a five month deadline.

Yes, work for hire, Britt, and I'm certain they will want rights.  They are welcome to same as long as I can show a few in my portfolio.

Thanks again, Karen, Jeremy, Linda, OC, and Brit.
bab