Hi Taina,
I majored in ecology and evolutionary biology at UCSC (2008)--
Some outstanding profs who gave memorable, dynamic lectures, had on-campus research labs, and extensive local field work include:
Barry Sinervo- herpetologist, behavioral ecologist
Ingrid Parker- botanist, plant ecologist
Bruce Lyon- ornithologist, behavioral ecologist

Also nice: Invertebrate Zoology courses were held at the water's edge nearby, at the Long Marine Labs.

Best,
Krista

K. Anandakuttan
Science Illustration