From: Karen Reeds <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 6:04 PM
Subject: [Nhcoll-l] DIGITAL RESOURCES Stuttgart "Database of Scientific Illustrators 1450-1950" (DSI), ScienceGossip, Orchid Observers [fwd MERSENNE-L]
To: [log in to unmask], History of Herbal Medicine <[log in to unmask]>, History of Natural History <[log in to unmask]>, nhcoll-l <[log in to unmask]>

 With apologies for cross-posting;

For  listmembers interested in the history of scientific illustration, Stuttgart's DSI database will be invaluable:
I'm embarrassed that I didn't know about it before Dr. Hentschel's posting.

NB The DSI database welcomes new entries and additions/corrections to existing entries.

Science Gossip and the other  digital humanities projects listings in in Sally Frampton's posting might also be of interest

Karen
11/8/2015
Karen Reeds, PhD, FLS
Princeton Research Forum, a community of independent scholars:

Karen Reeds, “Mark Catesby’s Botanical Forerunners in Virginia,” in
The Curious Mister Catesby: A “truly ingenious” naturalist explores new worlds, ed. E. Charles Nelson and David J. Elliott (Athens GA: University of Georgia Press, 2015), Chapter 3, pp 27-38.