Using AI CS5:
I work in a native file, SAVE AS a PDF.
I have searched the Knowledgebase, but am not asking the key words, apparently.

I do NOT want AI to replace the Native file with the PDF on my SCREEN, so I can keep working. ( I am working on quick style changes in the document, making 4-5 versions, and I forgot to manually close out the pdf and get back to the native file-grrrr).

I know I an turn that feature off somewhere in the Preferences of other programs, but I can't find it in AI, and am in need of what one would call that command.

Thanks!
Very much appreciated.
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC