I know some people will be a bit miffed by this, but some people are passionate about bees. And the
Proposal request is not full art, plus $1000 for the chosen art proposal, but all rights to the
final "Digital" image are given over (sounds like you still own the original if you do traditional
art).  Again, only look into this if you are passionate about the subject, and want to donate your
time and art to the cause of Pollinator awareness. And if you feel the need to educate the
Pollinator Partnership, do so in a kind voice.

Britt
_________

*2016 “Trees for Bees” **Poster Job Advertisement*

*The Pollinator Partnership is seeking an artist to render the 2016 Pollinator Poster, this year
focusing on “Trees for Bees.”  To apply to illustrate the poster, please send a one-page narrative
concept idea with a draft sketch to Kelly Rourke at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> by
Friday, December 11, 2015 by 3 PM PST. Final illustration will be due by Monday, February 1, 2016.*

*Background*

The Pollinator Partnership (P2) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization-- the largest organization in
the world dedicated to the protection and promotion of pollinators and their ecosystems. Birds,
bats, bees, butterflies, beetles, and other small mammals that pollinate plants are responsible for
bringing us one out of every three bites of food. They also sustain our ecosystems and produce our
natural resources by helping plants reproduce. Unfortunately they are in trouble. Some species have
seen a 90% decline in their populations over the last decade. Without the actions of pollinators,
agricultural economies, our food supply, and surrounding landscapes would break down.

*Our Solution for Sustainability*

Pollinator Partnership addresses issues of pollinator health and decline using many resources and
projects. We are dealing with a complex issue that does not have a simple solution, but by
addressing each area where pollinators interface with people we can make a significant impact in
pollinator, ecosystem, and human health. One way we address this issue is through outreach,
education, and action.

*Purpose*

Each year, the Pollinator Partnership, along with a wide range of partners (including federal
agencies, non-profits, for-profits, individuals, etc.) design and distribute an educational
pollinator poster.  About 200,000 posters are distributed throughout the United States each year.
They are one of the most popular outreach material items offered and are distributed for the cost of
shipping and handling.

P2 is seeking an artist for the 2016 pollinator poster. The theme of the 2016 pollinator poster is
trees for bees.

*Use*

Each year’s poster is unique in size and content, and the posters are enjoyed and used in a wide
variety of venues from classrooms, fairs, conferences, and offices, to homes and educational trainings.

*Poster Image - Vision*

The vision of the poster should focus on North American native trees and the bees that visit them.
In addition to annuals and perennials, trees serve a very important role as a food source for bees.
Native tree species that are bee-pollinated include redbud, dogwood, catalpa, tulip tree, maple,
hawthorn, and willow. Some other examples can be found at the National Agroforestry
Center(http://nac.unl.edu/issues/pollinators.htm).

The poster is aimed at a wide-audience, including adults and children.  A scientific/naturalistic
style is preferred.  The P2 staff will work with the artist on scientific accuracy and detail.

*Submittal Details*

If interested in submitting a poster concept idea for consideration to render the 2016 “Trees for
Bees” poster please submit the below information as one PDF to Kelly Rourke by 3PM PST on Friday,
December 11, 2015:

  * Contact information (name, email, physical mailing address)
  * Background
      o Resume, CV, past projects, etc.
      o Max 2 pages
  * Narrative about the poster concept
      o Method used (digital, traditional, etc.)
      o max. 1 page, Arial, size 12, single spaced
  * Sketch of the proposed poster as digital art submitted as a pdf, .eps., or .jpg. (300 ppi at 8.5
    x11)

*Timeline*

A one-page narrative concept idea with a draft sketch is due to Kelly Rourke at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Friday, December 11, 2015 by 3 PM PST. Final illustration due by
February 1, 2016.

*Poster Size*

There is flexibility with the size of the poster, but past posters have ranged from 30 in x 12 in to
30 in x 32 in (including a galley at the bottom of the poster for partner logos).  We suggest using
a standard poster size so that the poster may easily be framed.

*Compensation*

The Pollinator Partnership does not make any profit off of the poster and distributes them for free
(not including shipping and handling).  P2 works to create the poster each year to help educate the
public about the importance of pollinators.  The chosen artist will receive $1,000 upon completion
of the artwork and agreement and signature of contracted work for the 2016 poster.

*Legal*

The Pollinator Partnership will own the rights to the final submitted digital artwork.

*Previous Pollinator Posters*

To view past pollinator posters, please visit http://pollinator.org/posters.htm.

*Questions?*

Contact Kelly Rourke at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 415.362.1137

Kelly Rourke
Program Associate
Pollinator Partnership
423 Washington Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111

e: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w: www.pollinator.org <http://www.pollinator.org>
p:  415.362.1137