From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce Bartrug
Sent: Friday, 4 December 2015 5:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Technology and keeping up

The hypothesis is seabirds fly close the water and migrant land birds fly 500 to 1000 feet up from the surface.  Besides which they are sited 10miles or more off coast.  However I'm certain anything of this size is going to intercept some birds.  That said, I suspect global warming is more of a threat than windfarms.  What I'd really like to see is some sort of electrical generation from the tides, not that that wouldn't cause some damage to everything from anchovies to whales.