Taina,

Marc Paisin is my art-law attorney and he would be a great person to give a
talk on contracts and how not to get burned. He gives presentations to our
grad students every year -- as one of the people who started the California
Lawyers for the Arts (which spawned other such organizations across the
country), he is incredibly knowledgeable. He also happens to be a very
engaging speaker and a wonderful person. Contact me off-list for his
contact information.

Jenny

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Taina Litwak <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi All - We still have a few topic holes in the 2016 Annual Conference
> Program.
>
> 1. We are looking for someone who can talk about organizing the libraries
> of our digital assets - all that work as it accumulates that gets hard to
> find as the years go by and the archive of finished project builds.  How
> can we solve the problem of finding that one piece you did for xxx - about
> 6-7 years ago....?  I am especially interested in the use of Adobe
> Lightroom as storage cataloging and access instrument.  Anyone?
>
> 2. 2D Animation - any program.
>
> 3. Blogging and social media as a business tool - a session for advanced
> users and a separate talk for beginners.
>
> 4. Whats new with Z-Brush.
>
> 5. Contracts - How not to get burned.
>
> 6. Anything else cool that comes to mind.
>

> I am getting very psyched for the meeting!  We have several Plenary
> speakers booked already, including David Goodsell:   :
> http://www.asbmb.org/asbmbtoday/201108/features/Goodsell/
>
> and John Muir Laws:
> http://www.johnmuirlaws.com/portfolio/laws-field-guide-to-the-sierra-nevada-2
>
> --
>
> Taina Litwak
> Program Co-coordinator, GNSI 2016 Annual Conference
> Scientific Illustrator
> Systematic Entomology Lab – ARS, USDA
> ℅ Smithsonian Institution NHB-168
> P.O. Box 37012
> Washington, DC 20013-7012
>
> (202) 633-4561
>

> http://www.sciencefriday.com/blogs/09/06/2012/glamour-pin-ups-from-the-usda.html?interest=1&audience=4&series=20

> instructions at

Jenny Keller
CSU Monterey Bay • 100 Campus Center • Seaside, CA 93955-8001
(831) 582-3480 • (831) 582-4502 fax • scienceillustration.org