Hi Marj:
You got that right, why does a four-year old machine seem like Paleo?

Well, one bit of advice from the Staff of Adobe (on the knowledgebase) was found. When asked if one could use CS5 suite (currently using 10.6) on OS10.9:  "There have been many changes in MacOS since 10.6.x as well as in the system hardware that was available with that MacOS version. If you simply upgrading OS but not hardware and application software, I would be very cautious about upgrade to Mac OS 10.9.x since Apple does NOT maintain application software compatibility very well with the new OS versions.  I personally would strongly recommend against such an OS upgrade unless you had at lease CS6."

I feel that is a valuable assessment, rather than someone ranting.

Just FYI.
Happy New Year!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC