I'm all for it!
--Gwyneth

-----Original Message-----
From: Historical Recreation in Mag Mor [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Eric & Opal Doerr
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 2:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] For Discussion: Should we move War Maneuvers to February?

There has been a discussion amongst the Calontir Chivalry about possibly
moving Winter War Maneuvers to February.

Some thoughts on the subject:
  - The current date was originally set when our primary focus was Estrella
War.  This is no longer the case - the Kingdom focus has shifted to Gulf
Wars.
  - A later date would allow more time for the Crown and their General to
plan for tactics and training.
  - A date closer to Gulf Wars would make the training more useful.
  - Moving it away from Twelfth Night helps those who don't want two trips
to the Frozen North in so short a time span - particularly if Coronation is
also in the North.
  - Moving the detail planning away from the holiday season would be a
stress reducer.
  - We would work to coordinate with neighboring kingdoms.

What are people's thoughts on this?  I am posting the discussion on both
this mailing list and on the Facebook group.  Their Excellencies are aware
of the concept.

Volkmar