I'm pro.

From: Historical Recreation in Mag Mor <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Eric & Opal Doerr <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 2:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MAGMOR] For Discussion: Should we move War Maneuvers to February?

There has been a discussion amongst the Calontir Chivalry about possibly
moving Winter War Maneuvers to February.

Some thoughts on the subject:
  - The current date was originally set when our primary focus was
Estrella War.  This is no longer the case - the Kingdom focus has
shifted to Gulf Wars.
  - A later date would allow more time for the Crown and their General
to plan for tactics and training.
  - A date closer to Gulf Wars would make the training more useful.
  - Moving it away from Twelfth Night helps those who don't want two
trips to the Frozen North in so short a time span - particularly if
Coronation is also in the North.
  - Moving the detail planning away from the holiday season would be a
stress reducer.
  - We would work to coordinate with neighboring kingdoms.

What are people's thoughts on this?  I am posting the discussion on both
this mailing list and on the Facebook group.  Their Excellencies are
aware of the concept.

Volkmar