Wednesday meeting will be Winter War Maneuvers post mortem and discussion for going forward. Please plan to attend if you are able.
Gyda
Baroness of Mag Mor

On Jan 18, 2016 2:21 PM, "Eric & Opal Doerr" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
There has been a discussion amongst the Calontir Chivalry about possibly moving Winter War Maneuvers to February.

Some thoughts on the subject:
 - The current date was originally set when our primary focus was Estrella War.  This is no longer the case - the Kingdom focus has shifted to Gulf Wars.
 - A later date would allow more time for the Crown and their General to plan for tactics and training.
 - A date closer to Gulf Wars would make the training more useful.
 - Moving it away from Twelfth Night helps those who don't want two trips to the Frozen North in so short a time span - particularly if Coronation is also in the North.
 - Moving the detail planning away from the holiday season would be a stress reducer.
 - We would work to coordinate with neighboring kingdoms.

What are people's thoughts on this?  I am posting the discussion on both this mailing list and on the Facebook group.  Their Excellencies are aware of the concept.

Volkmar