Hi All,

This is a great and timely discussion as I am thinking about starting to
sell prints as well. I'm definitely going with outsourcing on the printing
for now as I'm not currently prepared to deal with all the equipment and
color correction. My question for people who have experience selling prints
where the printing is outsourced: Do you print on demand or invest in a
stock of prints with the hope that they will eventually all sell?

thanks,

Kathryn

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Bruce Bartrug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Aannnd......not to throw another wrench (concept? parameter?) into this,
> but there are printers who will handle the shipping and money transactions
> for you.  Something to think about if you sell off your website.  All you
> have to do is have payments transferred to your local account.  So you can
> take vacations out of the country :).  I'm thinking of outfits like Fine
> Art America and Etsy, but I'm suspecting there may be smaller companies
> that could do the same.  (Bay Photo, for instance, in San Francisco, but
> only for photo prints.)  There would be a fee, of course, but then.....
>
> bab

> instructions at

Kathryn Killackey
natural science illustrator