Hi Marla - I don't have a suggestion on printers, but I received advice
from a printer repair shop re: clogs. I was told to use the power button
when I turned the printer off (I'd had the printer on a power strip). If
you use the power button, it cleans the print head before powering down.
Just thought I'd pass on those words of wisdom. I bought a new printer,
followed the advice, and haven't had a clog since.
Good luck with your new printer!
Jennifer

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Marla Coppolino <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I'm considering purchase of an archival quality printer for producing
> prints of my art and photography work.
>
> One recent online source (not affiliated with any printer company)
> recommends either:
> - Epson SureColor P600 (uses pigment inks; higher end, in the $700 range),
> or
> - Canon Pixma Pro-100 (uses dye inks; lower-mid range, the $300 range).
>
> I am aware that the bigger, longer-term expense is the ink cartridges,
> plus the obligatory hassle of keeping the machine in regular use to avoid
> clogging.
>
> I invite opinions on your experiences. Thank you!
>
> Happy and creative wishes to all for 2016!
> Marla
> Marla L. Coppolino
> Groton, New York
> USA