Hi -

Other cheap and simple solutions are portfolio only sites like
behance.net. Not very customizable, but free, and clean interface, easy
to post, and a fun way to check out inspiring art from others. Behance
prosite (prosite.com) gives you a little more customization and lets you
use your url. I think it's around $10/month, and alternatively, it's
included in an Adobe CS Cloud membership. This is what I use. It's still
not very customizable, but I love the simplicity and not having to worry
about whether the code is updated for all the current gadgets. (despite
the simplicity, I update my website once a year at most)

Other similar options: carbonmade.com, krop.com. They're all dedicated
portfolio sites. $6-8/mo. If you google those names with 'alternatives'
you can probably find similar sites, some which are probably free.

Good luck!
Nicolle

p.s. I started an email to this effect, but then deleted it. Doesn't
look like it sent, but please forgive me if this is duplicated info.

Nicolle R. Fuller, Sayo-Art LLC
Illustration, Art & Design
www.SayoStudio.com

Facebook