IT WORKED!!! thank you Karen!! I pulled two pref files, wasn't sure
which one was the one I wanted (/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015//prefs/ from
the Preference folder, and /com.adobe.Photoshop.plist/ from the
Preference Panes folder- I put them on the desktop). Whichever, that
seemed to do the trick.

I hadn't thought about looking in the User Library!

Now we keep our fingers crossed... and we write this down somewhere!!

Thanks!
Gail

Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design