I haven't heard from this guy, but it is a rather popular name. Make sure that he has actually visited your website and knows what he wants -- title, price, maybe a bit about you. If it sounds sort of generic and he has no idea what he wants, don't respond. If he mentions anything about a shipping co. or moving, there is a 99% chance it is not legit. If he sends a check, double check with the bank listed on the check to make sure he has a real account. If there are typos, it's probably not legit. It's an American/Great Britain name, so if it sounds like English is a second language, be wary. Double check artist's websites that track spammers. If you do respond and it's not legit lots of other spammers now know your email account is legit and you will get A LOT of attention (wanted or not!) from them. Hope that helps and isn't repeating the obvious.

Cheers,

Patricia Savage

Mayapple Studio

919-859-2789 (h), 919-438-6766 (m)