Hi Gail,

I agree--I wanted a custom site, and started making inquiries, and
everyone wanted to charge me $5000 to start the conversation--so I
revisited Adobe Muse, and got a reasonably serviceable site up in a
weekend.  Professional coders (my hubby among them!) look at code
generated by the likes of Dreamweaver and Muse, and scoff--apparently it
is not elegant or beautiful enough--but it gets the job done, and the
program is reasonably intuitive.  I also wanted to host it on a service
of my choosing, and not be tied to a proprietary one like squarespace.

If one has invested in the Adobe CC subscription he/she might as well
look into Adobe Muse as a possibility!

Chris

Chris Gralapp, MA, CMI
Medical | Scientific Illustration