I’ll enter a plug (though, I have no involvement with the company) for WYSIWYG Web Builder http:///wysiwygwebbuilder.com . This is the first and only program I have ever used for web design that actually looks the same in the editor and in a browser. It’s cheap, easy to use and has a very helpful support forum.

As an example, a site I built and maintain: http://www.mackayicerink.com is on my own server and costs zero to operate (minus the electricity). I don’t think I spend more than ten minutes per month on server maintenance.

-phillip

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeremy Swan
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2016 5:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Website Question

Muse looks nice, but the code is $h!t! You can't export the design to html in any reasonable way.  I explored using it, but it's a joke (although a nice looking joke).  I've been using Wordpress for some cheap organizations, but it does require administration.  Probably overkill for students, but useful for small orgs and businesses.

-Jeremy

Sent from iPhone