Also, I guess you'd have to add in the cost of the premium papers! Not insignificant.
Of course, it completely depends on what your usage is. But these are all good considerations.

Thanks, as always, to this community for such thoughtful and useful advice!
marni

Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 08:47:24 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Suggestions for an archival quality printer
To: [log in to unmask]

Oh, that's another point......how many prints can you have made at a pro printer for $1300 or $2000 (cost of P-800 and 1900) ?   Depends of course on how many prints you expect to produce over the course of, say, 10 years.  Although printers don't usually last that long.  I'm not trying to be cynical.  Again, it depends on how many prints you expect to sell, and how much control you think you need over the prints.  Most pro printers will adjust the color, etc., to your demands.

Just a thought :).

bab