I like to stay at the front or sides of the boat (if the front is inaccessible) That's the best viewing position for me, scanning the horizon. I can't breathe diesel fumes, so I stay away from the back fumes. When on smaller boats on pelagic birding trips, I do not like the overheated cabins, where I can't see the horizon line.  On a medium-sized ship, like the Lindblad "Explorer", I never had any issues.

Sounds like fun!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
P.O. Box 325