I second the scopalmine patch. My boyfriend gets sick on boats even in good
weather, and nothing else had worked very well (he tried bands and various
meds)...but we spent a full week on a 16-passanger boat and he was totally
fine with that patch.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I like to stay at the front or sides of the boat (if the front is
> inaccessible) That's the best viewing position for me, scanning the
> horizon. I can't breathe diesel fumes, so I stay away from the back fumes.
> When on smaller boats on pelagic birding trips, I do not like the
> overheated cabins, where I can't see the horizon line.  On a medium-sized
> ship, like the Lindblad "Explorer", I never had any issues.
>
> Sounds like fun!
> Linda
> _____________________
> Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
> P.O. Box 325
> Hereford, AZ 85615
> (520) 803-0538
> www.lindafeltner.com
>

> On Jan 8, 2016, at 11:23 AM, Michelle Schwengel wrote:
>
> Thanks for posting this Britt.
>
> As I mentioned on the Facebook page, the application process was smooth
> and surprisingly enjoyable. Even with the short turnaround time, do
> consider applying, GNSI folks! I'll be the Artist-at-Sea on the four-week
> voyage from Honolulu to Papa‘ete which precedes the two-week cruise
> mentioned here.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for managing seasickness? I'm all ears!
>
> Mahalo,
> Michelle
>

> Carry on, beetle.
>
> FYI (with link),
>
> Tahitian Hydrothermal Vents – Out of this World Landscape – February 17,
> 2016 – March 2, 2016
>
> APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 10, 2016
>
> http://www.schmidtocean.org/story/show/5342

> instructions at