From: "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration-"
To:<[log in to unmask]>
Sent:Fri, 8 Jan 2016 09:08:06 -0500
Subject:Re: [SCIART] Suggestions for an archival quality printer

 Thanks (I think) Geoff - I am somewhat overwhelmed with this and
multiple other things right now and have not even opened the box. All
of the points that everyone has mentioned previously are precisely why
I am actually not yet committed to keeping it. I went ahead because
the rebates were great and ended 12/31 (there are still some, but not
as extensive). I am still debating whether I can afford the time to do
all the work (and endure potential aggravation) of printing myself.

I am currently in a rather rural area of Florida. I have researched
local printers and decided that considering the traveling and time
lost there I’d be better off spending my time doing my own printing.
But as said, I have not fully committed to that decision! I don’t
have this problem while in New England (Massachusetts). Great, amazing
resources there, even locally on Cape Cod (in fact I just ordered some
prints from my shop there since I have yet to find the right substrate
for self-sticking murals that I might use with this printer). But, if
I continued with a distant printer, there are the logistics of
multiple shipping destinations etc.

If I ever get the thing out of the box and actually functional, I’ll
let you know how it’s going!
Barb

Barbara Harmonwww.barbaraharmon.com [1]www.harmon-murals.blogspot.com
[2]508•430•8308

On Jan 8, 2016, at 2:18 AM, Geoff Thompson <[log in to unmask]