If planning on using a scopolamine patch, I recommend getting one ahead of time and trying it. I got a scrip for travel in SouthAmerican (twisted, narrow, potholed dirt roads for hours on end). I put on a patch the night before. Got up briefly in the middle of the night and felt slightly lightheaded but didn’t think too much of it (thought it was because I was tired). When I got up at about 6 AM, I was so high I couldn’t walk a straight line. And really nauseous. I removed the patch immediately, and it took about 6 hours for it to clear out of my system. I had really hoped it would work for me, as I’d like to do some travel by boat but it seems it is not an option for me.