Hi Patricia,

I'm a big fan of Cargo <http://cargocollective.com/designs> - it's a bit more modern/minimal in it's template aesthetics, but it's competitively priced and geared directly toward professional artists and creatives. They have a wealth of lovely, very easy to populate templates, plus plenty of room for customization if you've got a little coding know-how (or want to explore their support database - which covers most things you can think of!). I've had nothing but good experiences with them hosting my own portfolio site.

*I'd also drop a note about MailChimp <http://mailchimp.com/> for email marketing campaigns - a most excellent and easy platform for growing and communicating with your audience.

Have fun with the new class!

-Natalya

Natalya Zahn