Deb, that sounds just horrible. I hope things work out.

My printer, Judy Miller (in Tucson), uses the Epson Stylus Pro 9900 printer. it uses UltraChrome HDR pigment inks. I think it's a 10-color printer. The roll paper must be 40" wide or maybe smaller. I love the enhanced matte paper. She prints all sizes and on different Epson papers for different results. She does a lot of photographer's prints, so a different paper may be needed for that purpose.

just for the information, she likes Epson, too...

I hope you find a printer you like!
Cheers
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC