For anyone who is considering purchasing an Epson, I just received an email that Epson is extending and adding to their rebates on their professional and desktop inkjet printers. Rebates are good until 31 January, and are quite substantial, depending on the model, including the SureColor line.

I printed quite a few limited addition prints for myself and other artists, in addition to educational posters and more, so my 4900 was cost-effective and convenient. Part of my background is in printing and pre-press, so it was an easy decision for me to make at the time.

The scanning service I use are people who invent/build scanners. They’re scanning artists I think -- and they decide which of their scanners to use based on the artwork I bring in, all for the same (what I consider to be a low) price. They’ve scanned my artwork on laser drum scanners; gigantic flatbed scanners; you name it. They also write individual programming for each artwork to either ignore the background or include it, depending on my preferences. I had purchased my Epson printer through them, (they are a distributor) so when I used to tell them I would be printing from the scan, they would also include all the profiles for me for the different papers I would be using. Huge timesaver and convenient.

Even with the rebates, I’ll probably look for a printing service still. New printer isn’t in the budget. Everyone is correct — it depends on how you want to spend your time. If I can find a printing service that’s as magnificent as my scanning service, I’d rather be spending my time doing the artwork :-)  I do miss that printer though...

db
_______

Deborah B. Shaw
dbShaw Studios