I only have a basic Canon printer but last year I saw photographer
friends raving about the new Epsom
Surecolor-P800.https://www.facebook.com/leswalkling/photos/a.459415427430165.102782.253878294650547/919268784778158/?type=3&theater
I see online there is an A2 version and a 17" version.

Note Les is using Canson Platine Fibre Rag, which I believe he helped
Canson develop for fine art printing.
In a talk last year Les explained that most commercial printer
profiles are pretty useless, because modern USB spectrometers don't
have enough power to use polarizing filters and thus read through the
glare on darker color values.

Color calibration of screens and printers is tricky and you need a
professional screen like an EIZO to see 99% of Adobe RGB color space.
No screen can see more than Adobe RGB but if the image is in ProPhoto
or another large color space, good printers can print colors you can't
see on a screen. Most screens only see sRGB which is the color space
of the cheapest possible CRT monitor from the 1980s. It also happens
to be the default color space for Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop
etc.!  Most scanners seem to only scan in sRGB too.

Les's notes on his web page are useful for all this sort of stuff.
http://www.leswalkling.com/words/the-theory-of-practice/

Sounds like it's worth waiting and saving if there is a new model of
the 4900 coming.

Cheers,
Geoff