Does anyone know what the term "cardinal" might apply to as far as a method
in art work?  The phrase I'm looking at pertains to architecture, and the
piece is described as being done in "Cardinal, Grisaille, varnish and
colored pencil."  The other three are obvious, but cardinal?

Thanks,
BAB

--
Bruce Bartrug