GNSI Members Only: From time to time the Guild is asked to review books
that relate to science illustration; I am looking for a list of people
to contact to conduct these reviews. What’s the catch? You need to read
the book and write up your review for the Journal and online in a timely
fashion, but there’s a nice perk: you get to keep the book(s) for your
library!

We have general guidelines for reviews. If you have time to read a book
thoughtfully, and feel comfortable writing up your thoughts, we’d
appreciate adding your name to the list. We’ll then assign books as they
come in to names on the list. We will try to connect books with
volunteers’ areas of interest, otherwise we’ll do random selection so
everyone has a chance to review. Please contact Gail directly at
[log in to unmask], and let me know your particular area of
expertise or interest (botanical, zoological, paleo, art education,
general illustration, or ...???).

Let us know soon, we have a review request right now for a book on
identifying grasses and sedges. If you have some expertise in this area
that might be a good fit.  First come, first served, but if you have
already reviewed books for us, it would be nice to let others have a go
at it.

Thank you!
Gail Guth
GNSI Outreach Director