For those who may not know and are interested, the University of
Louisville's Lovell Insect Collection, founded 1936, which I curated from
1964 to 2004 was mostly transferred to the University of Kentucky Dept. of
Entomology and merged with their insect collection.  A small portion
remains in the Biology Dept., University of Louisville, KY 40292.  The
approximate number of specimens transferred to the University of KY was
200,000, with strength in Hemiptera, (Homoptera), Culicidae and Lepidoptera.
Mike Sharkey is curator and Eric Chapman is Collection Manager (

Cheers, Charlie