Dear 5 Bank Street Community:

As many of you have no doubt heard already, we recently lost a highly respected Cather scholar and supporter of the Cather community. David Porter died last weekend. Skidmore College, where he spent a major portion of his career, has published this lovely tribute: http://www.skidmore.edu/news/2016/0326-david-porter-passes-away.php.

Those of us who had the pleasure to know David will remember his scholarship, his musicality, his thoughtful advocacy, his wit and style, and, perhaps most importantly, his kindness. He gave generously of himself, and he had a lot to give. I will miss him, as I know many of you will.

Best,
Andy Jewell