Has he tried stores in Singapore or Hong Kong?

Here's one of the best reviewed (but there are others, probably some
catering more to his needs):
review:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/art-friend-singapore-5?page_src=related_bizes
website:   www.artfriend.com.sg
paper pads:
https://artfriendonline.com/ProductDetails/FamilyDetails/DR_P7035   A2 is
16 x 23 inches.

Couldn't find "scratchboard," maybe it's called something else?

Claims $20 shipping worldwide, but I can find any particulars.

The Australian might have to make inquiries by phone or email to get what
he wants and find out about shipping, etc.   But it's an option.

BAB