Hi Marianne:
I did some work for the new Natural History Museum of Utah a few years ago. Among the 85 or so illustrations, I did a series for the "Naturalist's Lab" a large working lab for (mostly) youth groups. These various colorized pencil drawings were put all over the walls in a "mural" of sorts. They wanted to use the illustrations in a booklet that would be used for school-age groups, a Workbook, I think they called it. They would sell it in the museum store. I decided it would be equally, if not more, profitable to negotiate a flat price for use of the artwork and the use was limited to the Workbook.  I was happy with that arrangement.

Best,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
Guild of Natural Science Illustrators, President-Elect
(520) 803-0538
www.lindafeltner.com