Linda M. Feltner Artist, LLC
Guild of Natural Science Illustrators, President-Elect
(520) 803-0538

On Mar 1, 2016, at 10:31 PM, Marianne wrote:

Thanks Brit, I will have a look at Getty Images. I would love to hear from anyone who has licensed their work for museum merchandise, a somewhat limited market.

Marianne Collins
Art of Fact

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Britt Griswold
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Merchandise Use Rights

Marianne,

I would suggest you get as many data points as you can.

Two that are easy to come by: do a search on Gettyimages and Corbis for rights managed illustration images.  There is a whole desision tree for the use, and industry to help you nail down what to of the large commecial image providers charge. (it looks like Getty is charging about $1320 for a 2yr-50,000 impression, US license).
There is also a program you can buy with a yearly subscription calld FotoQuote ($149) which tracks the market.

You can further define the amount you can charge depending some on the uniqueness of the image, and the need and size of presentation.

Britt Griswold
Science-art.com