Hi All,

           I came back home from an full-on but fabulous week working in Canberra, helping to install an upgrade to their imaging system. I had a look round for myself for scraperboard suppliers. It is called scraperboard here in Australia.

I’m running workshops at “The Planting” Festival. Only for 10 people each at Woodford, north of Brisbane, 30th April and 1st May. There will be competition for places, as although it’s much smaller than Woodford Folk Festival, they do get quite a turnout. http://theplantingfestival.com/programme/explore.html

I had already checked local suppliers and white Essdee is just not imported here. The seems to be really only one major wholesaler here and they only carry black. They have black and I think they get Clayboard.

I checked Amazon UK and found they had one pack of white via Jackson’s. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CM446AM?psc=1 <http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CM446AM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=ADC64JG0QGLE9> &redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=ADC64JG0QGLE9

Then I searched for Jacksons UK (ignore the Western Australian store as they will have the same wholesaler) and found they had more and a cheaper price on that one product.

https://www.jacksonsart.com/search/?q=scraperboard

I bought two packs of the largest size and two packs each of number one and two scraper nibs. Delivery was about $100, converting to Aussie dollars from UK pounds. I’m not sure if they have  a standard price for Australian delivery or if smaller packs are cheaper to deliver.

I don’t use Bristol board myself but they do carry it. https://www.jacksonsart.com/search/?q=bristol+board I’m not sure if any of those suit?

As you found often airmail is a cheaper option than shipping companies to and from Australia but it’s never cheap. It’s a hell of a long way!

I had better get back to an exhibition statement before I go to work. :)

Cheers,

Geoff