Mike,

There is this posting which indicates the NSF is seeking our feedback on this hiatus:

https://dbinsfblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/16/csbr-fy17/

-Derek

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Michael A. Ivie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear ENT-Listers,

I have been waiting for the explosion I expected upon the news from NSF that The Collections in Support of Biological Research (CSBR) Program has been placed on hiatus as of March 2016. New proposals will not be accepted in 2016.

What is going on?  With the exception of a basically unanswered peep from John H, there has been screamingly load silence on this issue??

Why? Is there some well-known plan in place that I have missed?  Someone must know something that I don't, please whomever that is, share.  Given all the programs centered around collections from digitization to Post-Docs, taxonomy to phylogenetics, the implications are huge.  Although we (MSU) have never received money from this program, the fact that it exists makes my Administration respect the scientific standing of collections.

What is our response? What is our plan to be involved in the review of this program?

Let's get this going.

Mike

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

US Post Office Address:
Montana Entomology Collection
Marsh Labs, Room 50
1911 West Lincoln Street
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59717
USA

UPS, FedEx, DHL Address:
Montana Entomology Collection
Marsh Labs, Room 50
1911 West Lincoln Street
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59718
USA

(406) 994-4610 (voice)
(406) 994-6029 (FAX)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects
Associate Professor of Entomology
University of Alaska Museum
907 Yukon Drive
Fairbanks, AK   99775-6960

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -  search 302,939 digitized arthropod records
http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/

Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological Network" at
http://www.akentsoc.org/contact.php