From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Dell Champlin <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [AFEEMAIL] Searching for a micro princples text

I just used Baumol and Blinder for micro principles.  It's not bad.  There are lots of chapters, so you can be selective. There were 2 chapters with titles like "what the market does well" and "shortcomings of markets."  I was prepared to hate them and planned to leave them out of my syllabus.  But, they did a decent job.

Some of the more heterodox approaches are actually pretty difficult for introductory students in my opinion.  They might be okay for private or more selective colleges, but these schools often teach an already overloaded, combined micro/macro course.

Dell

Sent from my iPad