The Tournament is scheduled for Thursday afternoon from 1:30 to 4pm.
Entrants must meet the requirements listed below.
· All participants must be sponsored by a Lady of the Rose, who must be in attendance at the tournament.
· A Lady of the Rose may sponsor 3 participants in this tournament (2 unbelted rattan combatants and one steel combatant) to make up their team.
· Participation is limited to fighters who have not yet been honored with peerages for martial activities. (No Knights, Masters of Defense or Royal peers).
· Please bring as period of kit as possible. No visible plastic, blatantly modern shoes or other mundane items.
· Roses may choose their teams ahead of time or may select from the other fighters in attendance who would love the opportunity to be sponsored.
The tournament will be a double elimination tournament. Each bout will consist of three passes – a pass between opposing Roses’ unbelt, followed by a C&T pass and then the 2nd unbelt pass (or whatever order the Roses choose). The victor will be the Rose whose team has the greatest number of winning passes in the bout, and her name will advance in the tree. Roses may pair off their unbelts any way they wish. The fighting style of the C&T pass will also be determined by the Roses.
Prizes will be given for the team with the best kit, most chivalrous fighter, and the overall winning team of the tournament.