The Falcon Banner has posted a new item, 'Grand Council Disbanded, New SCA
President Named
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2016/04/24/grand-council-disbanded-new-sca-president-named/>'

The new President of the SCA, John Fulton (Duke John the Bearkiller), was
named at the recent  Board meeting.

In addition, it was announced that the Grand Council is disbanded. The
official notice on the SCA.org website
<http://socsen.sca.org/grand-council-disbanded/> reads:

The Grand Council was formed in 1994; a time before email and social
media.  There was a need then for a committee that made sure that the
membership had a way to communicate with the directors on issues of
importance to the SCA.  Twenty years later, members have access to the
Internet and with it direct lines of communication to the directors and
Corporate officers.  We know we still have problems receiving input from,
and transmitting information to, the membership; but we don’t think an
intermediary body provides us with the solution to these problems today.
So with thanks for the long and faithful service of the Grand Council, we
have decided to disband the committee and work on new methods and
approaches for increasing our responsiveness to the members of the SCA.

Society President John Fulton, Director Richard Sherman, and Director
Andrew Coleman have been directed to investigate the creation of a new
vehicle to facilitate communication between the membership and the
directors that recognizes and utilizes the changes in technology,
demographics and culture that have changed the way the Society conducts
business in the 22 years since creation of the Grand Council.

[image: Men harvesting wheat, circa 1310]
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Reeve_and_Serfs.jpg>

Men harvesting wheat, Queen Mary’s Psalter, circa 1310, public domain in
the US
[image: Like]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/facebook/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F04%2F24%2Fgrand-council-disbanded-new-sca-president-named%2F>[image:
Tweet]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/twitter/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2016%2F04%2F24%2Fgrand-council-disbanded-new-sca-president-named%2F&title=Grand+Council+Disbanded%2C+New+SCA+President+Named>
You may view the latest post at
http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2016/04/24/grand-council-disbanded-new-sca-president-named/
You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates
are posted. Best regards, The Falcon Banner [log in to unmask]