I purchased Affinity for my new laptop at home.  It is sort of like Photshop, but not quite. It does have CMYK colorspace.  It is like having Photoshop wihtout a decade or two of the refinements that have been added by Adobe.  It also behaves a bit different in its use of painitng on layers. Overall you might be able to find a way to use it if you don't have the cash for Photohop. But I get a bit frustrated trying to use it, being so use to doing things the Photoshop way, and then not being able to figure out something that I know is obvious (to me) in PSD. I still have not figured out how to do masking properly.  I think it has several iterations to go if it is really trying to be a true PSD substitute.  I am not sorry I bought it, as it is fine for light editing tasks.

Britt

----- Original Message -----
From: Lynette Cook [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 10:14:59 -0700
Subject: [SCIART] Affinity Photo Software

Has anyone used Affinity Photo Software? A colleague just told me about it and it seems it could replace Photoshop for many of us. It's way cheaper and there's no subscription. Perhaps it's been mentioned here, though I did a search of the archives and nothing turned up.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

Click on the Affinity Photo link a couple of times and a video will come up. After viewing the video you can scroll down the page and see additional descriptions, screenshots and samples. It was chosen by Apple as the best app of 2015. A free trial is available before you buy.

Lynette
--
Ms. Lynette R. Cook, Artist/Illustrator