On 4/26/16 11:52 AM, Lynn Kimsey wrote:
> Doug,
> That's horrible. They've basically lost their biological heritage in one fire.
Serguei informs me that most (all?) of the entomological research
collection in Delhi was in a different facility from the National
Museum, and checking online, it appears he is correct - the insect
collections are at IARI (Indian Agriculture Research Institute), in the
National Pusa Collections. While this is a relief in terms of loss of
*insect* types and such, the National Museum presumably still housed
research material of other taxa, and not purely display material.

Peace,