Putting up answers that include tongue-in-cheek humor and disrespectful
comments is not going to help our image as serious hard working and
important purveyors of knowledge. We all do this among ourselves, it is
fun, but the clientele described as the target don't have a sense of
humor.  If this is what one is inclined to do, punt the question off to
someone trained to deal appropriately with terrified members of the
public.  Since the point of Mike F.'s message was to refer people to a
website, referring them to professional educators is a better option,
taking Chris C.'s point of them not being happy about being referred
away in the first place.

Or, alternatively, I agree with Lynn that a one-on-one discussion can be
better.  If you are going to refer them to anything, don't do it to a
funny website.

Mike I