Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on a manuscript on Oopertinus distinctus (Curculionidae, Curculioninae), and am looking for collection records of this species. Previously, this rarely collected weevil has been reported only from Arkansas. As shown in the attached image, this species has a constricted pronotum, like Myrmex species, but has rounded humeral shoulders and long erect setae on the elytra. If you have unidentified material of this genus, I would be pleased to examine them and provide identifications. You can contact me in the Mississippi Entomological Museum at [log in to unmask].

Thank You,

Ryan J. Whitehouse
Mississippi Entomological Museum
P.O. Drawer 9775 (100 Old Highway 12)