Hello, Cather folk,

I am passing along information from the series editor of Literary Criticism in Perspective, Brian Yothers, Professor of English at the University of Texas-El Paso. The series is published by Boydell & Brewer, and Professor Yothers is looking for proposals from anyone who might be interested in doing a volume in this series on Cather. I have pasted below a description of the series and links to previously published volumes. Please contact Professor Yothers directly, not me, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Best,

Melissa J. Homestead
Professor of English and Program Faculty in Women’s & Gender Studies
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
202 Andrews Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0333
(402) 472-0323 (direct dial)
http://www.unl.edu/english/faculty/profs/mhomestead.html

The Literary Criticism in Perspective Series narrates the critical response to a major American author. The goal for books in the series is to provide, not just a bibliography for the critical response to the author, but a reading of the story of an author's changing critical reception over time and of the wider significance of this story. Volumes in the series are distinguished by both the thoroughness of their scholarship and their clear, accessible prose.

Recent volumes in the series include Scott Peeples's The Afterlife of Edgar Allan Poe https://boydellandbrewer.com/the-afterlife-of-edgar-allan-poe.html
Conseula Francis's The Critical Reception of James Baldwin, 1963-2010 https://boydellandbrewer.com/the-critical-reception-of-james-baldwin-1963-2010.html
and my own Melville's Mirrors: Literary Criticism and America's Most Elusive Authorhttps://boydellandbrewer.com/melville-s-mirrors-hb.html .