From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Philip Pilkington [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 5:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [AFEEMAIL] Ideological element among Institutionalists?

Linwood,

I am open to studies being conducted. I am not aware that they have been. Doing such studies might be used for punitive purposes, however, such as counterproductive attempts to drug test welfare recipients.

That said the link between, say, alcohol abuse and unemployment is well established. For example:

And those that are unemployed are, of course, on welfare. So you can piece together a case for such links from existing studies. Apart from that I can only cite anecdotal experience. Is this as good as data? No. But I do not discount my personal experiences just because there are no studies backing them. I don't believe that anyone does, to be frank.

Phil