I will need a shuttle as well as it looks like I'll be arriving in San Jose after 8pm on Saturday night - there are definitely shuttle options, in a range of prices (all more than public bus transport, but it sounds like the bus system to Santa Cruz requires 2-3 transfers). A quick google/yelp got me the following:

http://www.santacruzflyer.com

http://echosairportexpress.com/#about

http://www.earlybirdairportshuttle.com

-Natalya