For me, personally, it would be beneficial. Our fiscal year starts July 1
(if the g.a. actually has a budget by then, which is rare). Registering for
and attending the conference in the same fiscal year is much easier than
crossing fiscal years. Just my 2 cents.

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Amelia Janes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Here’s a question.
>
> We are looking at a possible conference location  that is promising, but
> only has an opening for the last week in June in 2017.
>
> So that makes the 2017 conference less than one year from the 2016
> conference by one week.
>
> If you get your conference fees paid for by your museum or university or
> other institution, will this screw with your stipends in your budgets for
> attending?
>
> I’m my own boss lady so this has never been an issue for me, so I’m not up
> to date on how these things go. :)  Thanks!
>
> Amelia Janes—GNSI President

> instructions at

Jennifer Landin, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences