Yes, the lone star tick has a white dot on its back. If you have an image I can send it to
Ray Pupedis, entomologist at Yale.

Dorie Petrochko
President- Connecticut Natural Science Illustrators
Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
170 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
203-888-9835
203-695-1215

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 12:46 AM, Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Perhaps the lone star tick?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amblyomma_americanum

From my iPhone.

On May 16, 2016, at 11:37 PM, Brie Dodson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This might be a little far afield, but can anyone identify a tick with a smooth dark oval body, maybe 5/32 in length, and a white dot in the middle of its back? I have checked my books, and they do not suffice. Thanks in advance. B

Sent from my iPhone