I find many electric sharpeners do not sharpen to a point, but an “almost” point, which then requires further sharpening on sandpaper. A few do sharpen to a true point. Something to keep in mind.

Prismacolor pencils may be breaking because they were previously dropped and the “leads” in them are broken. This is not uncommon.

Karen